College-owned Windows Desktop and Laptop Computers with Wireless Connections Only
1. Update Wireless Network Set-up
You must first confirm / make the following change to your wireless network setup. You need to make this change only once.
- In the lower right hand corner of the screen, locate the Wireless Connection icon (pictured).
- Right click on the Wireless Connection Icon to display the following menu (pictured).
Click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- The Network Connections Window opens (pictured).
Click on Manage Wireless Networks
- The Wireless Connection window opens (pictured).
Double-click on Knox-Wireless.
- The Knox-Wireless Properties window opens (pictured).
Select the Security tab.
Click on Properties.
- The Protected EAP Properties window opens (pictured).
- The EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window opens (pictured).
Under When Connecting:
Check Automatically use my Windows logon name and password.
- Click OK on each of the cascaded windows to save the settings and to close the window.
2. Reset your password
NOTE: Be prepared to immediately change saved passwords on any other devices on which your Knox password is saved. Failure to do so will result in a lockout of your account as these devices will repeatedly attempt to use your old password.
- Restart your computer.
- Once logged into the computer, simultaneously press the CTRL-ALT-DEL keys.
- From the window that pops up (pictured), click Change Password.
- Enter your Old Password, enter your New Password, and confirm your New Password.
- The confirmation that your password had been changed will appear (pictured).
- Click Cancel and return to your desktop.
- Restart your computer and log in with your new password.