Event Wireless Service
Information Technology Services can set up Event Wireless Service to provide Internet access for faculty and staff events. This service, similar to temporary networks set up in hotels for conferences, creates a special wireless network to allow guests to access the Internet while on campus using our wireless system.
To request Event Wireless Service, submit your information via the form below. NOTE: All requests must be received with at least 72 hours notice prior to the event. When the form has been submitted you will receive an e-mail with all the details your guests will need to connect.
Event Wireless Service Guidelines
- Service can be set up for any event that has five or more guests and lasts no more than a week.
- Seventy-two hours advance notice is required to set up the service.
- The network will be available 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the event. The requester should test the log-in instructions before providing them to attendees and should be prepared to assist their guests with the basics. Help Desk support for guests will be limited.
- The person requesting the event is responsible for informing attendees of the College's Acceptable Use Policy and ensuring that they have the opportunity to view it and understand that they are subject to it. This document should be posted prominently at the event, and a link included in any e-mails to attendees.
- To keep the Knox network secure, we provide attendees with Internet access only. No access is provided or possible to printers, administrative systems and functions, and College servers (beyond those normally accessible from the Internet).
- Information Technology Services will provide limited Help Desk support for event attendees during normal hours only. This support will be limited and cannot supersede the support we normally provide to the College community.