Knox College classmates reunited and celebrated the traditional and the new.
Explore other offices & services
Windows 8 & 10
Windows 8 Wireless Configuration
1. Open the settings charm.
2. Click the Wifi icon.
3. Select Knox-Wireless and check connection automatically.
4. Enter your Knox username and password.
5. Once you are successfully connected, right click Knox-Wireless, select View connection properties.
6. The network properties window will open. On the Connection tab check Connect automatically when the network is in range.
7. On the security tab make sure the following settings are configured:
Security type: Choose WPA2-Enterprise
(If not available, choose WPA-Enterprise)
Encryption type: Choose AES
(If not available, select TKIP)
Choose a network authentication method: Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP)
Check the box for Remember my credentials for each time I'm logged in
8. Click settings, the Protected EAP Properties window will open. make sure the following settings are configured:
Uncheck Validate Server Certificate
From the drop-down menu, select Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
Click Configure. The EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window appears.
Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password.
9. You have now configured your wireless adapter for the Knox College wireless network. Close the Protected EAP Properties and Network Properties windows.
10. If this is the first time your computer has connected to the Knox network, your next step will be to register your computer. See the Registering Your Computer (Windows) documentation for assistance.
Back to Hello.knox.edu