Network Applications Server
Every time you wish to use networked resources, you will need to either establish a connection to the servers, or verify a connection that you have already made. It's a good idea to check the network connection before you start to work, especially if you're working at a computer that other people share.
To verify the connection, simply double click on the My Computer icon on your desktop. If you see and icon labeled PC_Apps on 'sharedapps' (N:) , you are already connected.
If not, follows these steps to connect:
- Click the Start button.
- Under Windows XP, click Run. Under Vista \ Windows 7 click in the search box directly above the Start button.
- Type in \\sharedapps.knox.edu and hit enter.
- If prompted, enter your Knox username and password.
- On the window that opens, Right click on PC_Apps.
- From the Drop down menu, click on Map Network Drive.
- Complete the drive mapping as shown below.
- Click Finish.
Now that you have performed these steps, your machine is connected to the servers. You can now run almost any application from the servers. Note: Many of the applications have some installation procedures requiring you to perform certain steps on your machine. If you are unsure what you need to do to run any network based application, please call the Help Desk at extension 7700.