- Open an FTP client, (e.g., Filezilla, Internet Explorer), and enter the appropriate address to reach your desired destination:
- ftp.knox.edu/departments: This directory contains folders for campus departments, organizations and groups which actively share data through their network accounts on campus.
- ftp.knox.edu/faculty: This directory contains subfolders containing the respective home accounts for all faculty.
- ftp.knox.edu/staff: This directory contains subfolders containing the respective home accounts for all staff.
- ftp.knox.edu/student: This directory contains subfolders containing the home accounts for all students.
NOTE: If using a Web browser, this address is an FTP address and does not begin with http://. Make sure that you enter it correctly to gain FTP access.
- Log in using your e-mail user name (browsers required you to enter knox\ followed by your user name, i.e., knox\jknox) and your e-mail password.
- Once you have connected to and selected the appropriate directory and subfolder, double click on it to view its contents. Scroll through the list of account folders until you find the one you are looking for. Double click on it to see the contents of the account. You can now copy/cut and paste your data back and forth between this directory and your local machine just as you would with any other open folder.