1. Call 911 to report any accident, and, if necessary, to request medical assistance.
2. Alert Campus Safety (309-341-7979) quickly, and provide pertinent details of the accident.
3. Be courteous; do not be argumentative when interacting with the police or others.
4. Provide police officers with factual information, such as your name, your driver's license number, proof of insurance, and facts related to the accident.
5. Only respond to questions from police officers. Knox will designate a spokesperson who is not involved in the accident to answer questions from persons other than police officers.
6. Collect information to fill out a Campus Safety Incident Report about the accident, including:
- The name, address, phone number, vehicle information, and insurance information of any other driver involved in the accident;
- The date, time, and weather conditions at the time of the accident;
- A description of damage to all vehicles and any other property involved;
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of those injured, and, if possible, their injuries;
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses;
- Names of police officers; and,
- A diagram of the scene.