Information for Parents and Families
Welcome to the Center for Career and Pre-Professional Development! We are eager to work with your students in every step of their career journey, from selecting a major to finding an internship or full-time job, or researching which graduate school programs are best for them. Below are ways that you can help support the important work we do.
How to help your student
- Ask your student, "What do you want to do after you graduate?"
- Encourage your student to participate in an internship.
- Encourage your student to attend as many presentations and workshops designed to equip them for "life after Knox."
- Encourage your student to work with the Career Center on their resume and cover letter.
- Encourage your student to use our services.
Volunteer to help other Knox students
Absolutely! In addition to the role you play in your individual student's journey, we value the impact that parents can play in building opportunities available to all Knox students.
Consider offering internships or full-time jobs to Knox students at your place of business
If you work at an organization that hires interns or would consider hiring interns in the future, please contact us. We would be happy to talk with you about our internship program and to share internship postings with Knox students.
In addition, if you are aware of full-time job opportunities that might be well-suited for a Knox graduate, please forward those job descriptions to our staff. You can reach us at 309-341-7494 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.