Am I TRIO?
In each entering class, approximately one in three students is eligible for the TRIO Achievement Program.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are citizen, national, or permanent resident of the United States.
- You do not already have a baccalaureate (bachelor's) degree.
- And at least one of the following is true:
- Neither of your parents (or guardians) has a baccalaureate (bachelor's) degree.
- Your family's income meets federal income eligibility guidelines based on household size.
- You have a documented permanent physical or learning disability that impacts your educational experience.
Please contact Risa Lopez at 309-341-7776 to discuss your interest in the program or if you have any questions about TRIO eligibility. Regardless of TRIO-eligibility, academic support is available to all Knox students through the Center for Teaching & Learning.
"TRIO just helps me feel like I am not the only first-generation low-income student who is trying to graduate. I am not the only one experiencing hardships and family problems. If TRIO didn't exist, I think I probably would have transferred or dropped out."