2012 Dates and Times
There is limited storage space in many places across campus for those students who have acquired just a little too much stuff to bring back home with them for the summer. In order to accommodate all students who need to store things, the Campus Life Office will have these storage facilities open at various times over the last week the residence halls are open. Storage is first-come-first-served, so you want to plan ahead in order to be sure to get your things in!
Here are some things to remember when storing items at Knox for the summer:
- You can only store 4-5 boxes. If you have more than this, you probably want to look into renting a storage unit in town. The Campus Life Office has a list of local storage facilities if you want to take a look at it.
- You CAN store your mini-fridge. This will count as one of your 4-5 box limit.
- You can't store any furniture, desk chairs, carpeting/rugs, tables, or flammable materials.
- Clearly mark the boxes you store with your name, ID number, Fall Term residence hall & room number, and the date when you stored your things.
- You are storing things at your own risk. Knox College assumes no responsibility for your things while they are in storage (this includes but is not limited to: theft, fire, water, or other damages to your items).
Dates/Times When Storage Will Be Open
- Thursday, May 24 (removal only), 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Friday, May 25, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. & 6-8 p.m.
Sunday May 27, 6-8 p.m.
Monday May 28, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Tuesday, May 29, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. & 6-8 p.m.
Wednesday, May 30, 1-3 p.m.
Storage is located in many places across campus. Which location you choose is up to you. Storage is always in the basement of the building.
- Post Lower
- Post Upper
- Tompkins (T284)
- Exec (only for students living there next year)
- Hamblin (only for students living there next year)
Have Stuff You Need To Get Rid Of?
There will be dumpsters placed around campus to throw away big things that you don't want anymore and are unusable.
Still have questions? Contact Craig Southern in the Campus Life Office at (309) 341-7223.