Economics - Requirements for the Major and Minor
Requirements for the major:
11 credits as follows:
- 5 required courses forming the foundation of the major: ECON 110, ECON 120, BUS 211, ECON 301, and ECON 302
- Mathematics: MATH 141 or MATH 151 or equivalent
- A statistics sequence: STAT 200 (see Non-Departmental Courses) or MATH 321, and ECON 303
- 2 300-level electives: ECON 310, ECON 330, BUS/ECON 333, ECON 340, ECON 345, ECON 347, ECON 361, ECON 363, ECON 365, ECON 368, ECON 371, ECON 372, or ECON 373
- A seminar capstone experience: ECON 399
Credits in Honors (ECON 400) may substitute for ECON 399 and one of the field courses listed in the elective category above.
Students majoring in Economics and minoring in Business and Management can apply no more than three courses to both programs simultaneously.
With permission of the chair, up to 2 credits in related studies outside the department, including off-campus programs, may be counted toward electives in the major.
Requirements for the minor:
5 credits as follows
- ECON 110 and ECON 120
- STAT 200 or PS 230 or PSYC 281
- ECON 301 or ECON 302 or ECON 303
- Another 300-level economics course excluding ECON 350 and ECON 399
Economics Course Descriptions
Economics Catalog Page