Biochemistry - Requirements for the Major and Minor
Requirements for the major
11 credits as follows:
- BIOL 120, CHEM 101, CHEM 102, CHEM 211, CHEM 212
- BCHM 265, BCHM 301, BCHM 302, BCHM 310
- One elective from among the following list: BCHM 295, BCHM 333, BCHM 334, BCHM 335, BCHM 340, BCHM 345, CHEM 215, CHEM 325, BIOL 328, BIOL 332, or BIOL 338.
- The senior capstone experience, requiring a research project or in-depth library project: BCHM 399 or BCHM 400.
Requirements for the minor
5 courses as follows:
- BIOL 120 (Cell Biology and Physiology)
- CHEM 211 and CHEM 212 (Organic Chemistry)
- BCHM 301 and BCHM 302 (Structure and Function; Chemistry of Metabolism)
Note: Students double majoring in Biochemistry and Biology may count no more than 3 courses to both majors. Students double majoring in Biochemistry and Chemistry may count no more than 4 courses to both majors. For major-minor combinations of Biochemistry and either Biology or Chemistry, no more than 2 courses may apply simultaneously to both programs.
Biochemistry Course Descriptions
Biochemistry Catalog Page