Permission is granted to media, publications and researchers for non-commercial use. All photos copyright Knox College, and all other rights reserved. Downloads are 300K and larger.
Additional images are available on request by calling 309-341-7337 or e-mail email@example.com.
Campbell Gate at George Davis Hall: Cherry and South Streets, Knox College. Davis Hall was built in 1911 as a science building and renovated in 1979 for use by economics, business, political science, international relations, anthropology, sociology, classics and modern languages.
Old Main, Knox College: Built in 1857 and the sole remaining original building from the Lincoln-Douglas Debates, Old Main is one of the most important pre-Civil War buildings in Illinois. It is a National Historic Landmark.
Looking for Lincoln: A wayside marker at 350 S. Cherry St., overlooks the Lincoln-Douglas Debate site at Old Main. The marker at Old Main is one of a series of markers at Lincoln-related historic sites throughout Illinois.
Lincoln-Douglas Debate Site at Old Main: Bronze tablets by sculptor Avard Fairbank of Lincoln (left) and Douglas flank the east door of Old Main.
Lincoln-Douglas Debate Site at Old Main: On the day of the debate at Knox - October 7, 1858 - the platform blocked the east doors of the building, requiring Lincoln, Douglas and dignitaries to climb through the window shown here, now in the Office of the President of the College.
Seymour Union: Built in 1920, it includes dining halls, offices and a student computer lab on the first floor, and student residences on the second and third floors.
Umbeck Science-Mathematics Center: Built in 1970, it houses classrooms and laboratories for biology, biochemistry, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, neuroscience, physics, and psychology, as well as Information Technology Services and other administrative offices.
Ford Center for the Fine Arts: Built in 1964, it houses departments of art, music, theatre, and dance, as well as offices of admission and financial aid.
Seymour Library: Built in 1928 and renovated in 1991, it contains 250,000 bound volumes and 700 periodicals, Archives and Special Collections with notable holdings in Midwestern history, plus Internet access to other academic, research and public libraries.