Resetting Your Password
Clearing and Resetting Thunderbird and Zindus Passwords
After you reset your password, you MUST reset your password in your e-mail client, directory, calendar, mobile device, and any other client that you have entered and "remembered" your password.
To clear and reset your passwords in Thunderbird and Zindus, follow the directions below:
- Select "Options" from the "Tools" menu. Click on the "Security" icon at the top of the window that appears.
- Click on the "Passwords" tab. Click on the "Saved Passwords" button. Note, the "Use a master password" checkbox should not be checked.
- In the list of saved passwords that appears, find the one labeled under the Site heading with "imap://mail.knox.edu (imap://mail.knox.edu)". Click once on this entry in the list to highlight it and then click on the "Remove" button. Click on the "Close" button.
- Click "OK" to close the "Options" window.
- If you have Zindus installed for the directory, select "Zindus" from the "Tools" menu (if you are unsure if you are using this for your directory, if "Zindus" appears under the "Tools" menu, you are and you need to do this). Click once on your e-mail address under the Email Address heading and click on the "Edit" button.
- In the "Password:" textbox, enter your new password. Click on the "Test Connection" button. If you have entered the correct password, you will see a confirmation window stating that the login was successful. Click "OK" in the pop-up window.
- Click "OK" to close the Edit Account window. Click "OK" again to close the Zindus Configuration Settings window.
- Close and restart Thunderbird. You will be prompted to enter your new password.