Renovations, Improvements in the Works for Campus Facilities
June 13, 2012
Even though most Knox College students are away for summer break, the campus is abuzz with activity as workers paint, plaster, renovate, reconstruct, and make other improvements to campus facilities.
Already, workers have repaved and installed a new asphalt surface on the circle drive outside of the Ford Center for the Fine Arts. New asphalt also has been laid on the section of Brooks Street that runs past the T. Fleming Fieldhouse and the E. & L. Andrew Fitness Center, leading to CFA.
Other projects in the works include:
- Renovating the Gizmo patio deck.
- Repaving sections of Cherry Street and Berrien Street near Auxiliary Gym and the heating plant.
- Re-painting trim, caulking, and reglazing the windows of Old Main.
- Re-painting the bell tower and exterior doors of Old Main.
- Expanding and regrading the softball field's infield and making improvements to the irrigation system.
- Painting and plaster work at Seymour Library.
- Exterior renovations at Alumni Hall.
(Photo at top: Max Getz of the Knox College Facilities Services staff operates an end loader while other workers help break up old pavement for repairs at corner of Berrien and Cherry streets. Photos below: Making improvements to the windows of Old Main and the exterior of Alumni Hall.)