We call it a Human-Powered Education for a reason.
Knox seeks students who are active, engaged learners. We value students who demonstrate their appreciation for a variety of educational experiences, both in and out of the classroom. Our admission counselors consider you as an individual when making our admission decisions.
In order of importance, we'll consider the following information in evaluating your admission application:
- The types and difficulty of the courses you've taken in high school and college -- the more challenging and rigorous your choices, the better prepared you'll be.
- The grades you earned in those courses -- in addition to a high level of achievement we're looking for consistency in performance.
- Your personal essay -- this is your opportunity to tell us about yourself.
- The recommendation of your teachers -- these people can verify your achievements and evaluate your preparedness for college.
- Your admission interview -- we want to get to know you -- put a face with your name and a personality with your application.
- Your extracurricular activities -- well-rounded students tend to be successful students.
- Your ACT and/or SAT I scores -- if you choose to submit them!
While not required for most applicants, we strongly recommend an interview with one of our admission counselors. Interviews are a wonderful way for us to get to know you and an even better way for you to discover the Human-Powered Knox Experience.