How to Apply
The Knox College Program in Argentina
The Knox Program in Buenos Aires is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors of any academic major. Knox also welcomes students from other colleges and universities to apply. Each year approximately 25% of students in Knox study abroad programs hail from colleges across the nation. Recent participants have come from colleges such as Dartmouth, Barnard, Swarthmore, Smith, and Tufts University.
- Two years of college Spanish earning at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- At least one introductory course in the social sciences (e.g., economics, political science, history, sociology, anthropology)
- We highly recommend background coursework on the history, government, or politics of Latin America
- Agreement to abide by all regulations of the program, as well as all instructions from the Resident Director. Violations can result in immediate termination of a student's participation in the program
- For students under 21, participation in the program requires written consent from a parent or guardian.
Application (a three part process):
- Complete the On-Line Application Form (PDF). You may submit this application form electronically or mail a printed copy to the address below. Please keep a copy of the completed application for your records.
- Send an Official Transcript. Please request that your college or university registrar send a copy of your official transcript to the address below.
- Provide three Letters of Recommendation. Letters of recommendation are required from your Academic Advisor, one Language professor, and one Social Science professor. Please print out three copies of the blank recommendation form for them to complete and send to the address below.
The application deadline is February 3, 2014.
Send Application Materials to:
Buenos Aires Program
Knox College Box 156
Galesburg, IL 61401
Phone: (309) 341-7331
Fax: (309) 341-7606
College Policies and Regulations
Upon acceptance into the Program, students will receive information concerning Knox College policies on alcohol, drugs, harassment and AIDS.