How to Apply
The Knox College Program in Barcelona
The Knox program in Barcelona is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors of any academic major. Knox also welcomes students from other colleges and universities to apply. Each year approximately 25% of students in Knox study abroad programs hail from colleges across the nation. Recent participants have come from colleges such as Dartmouth, Barnard, Swarthmore, Smith, and Tufts University.
To participate in the Knox program in Barcelona, you must have:
- the equivalent of two years of college Spanish with an average grade of a "B" or better,
- good academic standing, and
- three letters of recommendation (one from your academic advisor, one letter from your Spanish professor and a third from another language professor).
- Agreement to abide by all program regulations and instructions from the Resident Director; violations can result in immediate termination of a student's participation in the program.
- Written consent from a parent or guardian (required only for students under 21 years of age).
- Complete the Application Form which you can receive from the Center for Global Studies. You may submit this application form via e-mail or mail a printed copy to the address below. Please keep a copy of the completed application for your records. The application deadline is February 3, 2014.
- Provide an Official Transcript. Please request that your college or university registrar send a copy of your official transcript to the address below.
- Submit three Letters of Recommendation. Please submit letters of recommendation from your academic advisor, your Spanish professor, and another language professor. For these recommendations, please use the blank recommendation form (located within the Application Form) and when completed send to the address below.
The application deadline is February 3, 2014.
Send application materials to:
Passion Darby, Coordinator, Program Assistant
Knox College Box 224
Galesburg, IL 61401
For additional information or answers to your questions about the Knox Program in Barcelona, please contact:
Passion Darby, Program Assistant, Barcelona Program
Center for Global Studies
Knox College, Box K-156
2 East South Street
Galesburg, Illinois 61401
College Policies and Regulations
Upon acceptance into the Knox Program in Barcelona, students will receive information concerning Knox College policies on alcohol, drugs, harassment, and AIDS.