Center for Teaching & LearningA Knox education is a particularly interactive one for students, who chart their own educational plan, work closely with scholar-teachers on cutting-edge research or creative projects, and stay involved through numerous outreach and community service programs.
Knox sets a high bar for admission and a high standard for educational achievement, and we stand ready to support your academic career goals to ensure you have the tools you need to excel in your studies and complete the goals you set for yourself.
The motto of Knox's Center for Teaching and Learning is "Nurturing Excellence," and the staff and student tutors in the Center supports students and faculty by providing:
- Academic counseling covering course planning and all aspects of your academic career
- Counseling to hone classroom learning skills
- Peer tutoring by certified staffers in all of the College's major subject areas
- Guidance and instruction to improve writing skills for reports, essays and more
- Classroom instruction covering language, second-language, and mathematics skills
- Support for special-needs students under the Americans with Disabilities Act