Planning to go to medical school or pursue a career in the health sciences? At Knox, we're not just about the MCAT. You'll have the freedom to pursue all your interests without the pressure of a traditional pre-med program.
From president of Knox's Rotaract Club to a member of the varsity tennis team, Shaunak talks about his Knox experience as a pre-med student and his decision to apply to the Knox-George Washington University early admission program. Read more
Our Pre-Med Program
- Acceptance rate -- 100% of our seniors in the Class of 2011 who applied to medical school were accepted -- compared to a national acceptance rate of slightly less than 50%.
- Early admission -- Selected sophomores are guaranteed admission to The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Choose your major -- You're not restricted to any particular major. While many of our students choose to major in the sciences, it's common to see a double major or minor in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Research opportunities -- Our nationally recognized undergrad research program awards more than $250,000 annually to support individual research projects.
- Internships -- Distinguish yourself from other medical school applicants through internships and job shadowing with local hospitals and physicians.