Explore other majors & minors
Mary Jane Shroyer
Coordinator of Pre-Health Advising
2 East South Street
Galesburg, IL 61401-4999
1. We're a pre-health program. We're not a major or a minor; we're faculty and staff, courses and resources, all dedicated to helping you move toward working in the constantly changing field of health.
2. We encourage you to follow your passion. You can choose any major. Many of our students happen to major in the sciences, but it's common to see a double major or minor in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
3. We're about hands-on experience. Our nationally recognized undergraduate research program awards more than $250,000 annually to support individual research projects. And we'll help you find internships and job shadowing opportunities with hospitals and physicians.
4. We're here for you. Our pre-health program advisors and professors teach only two classes per term-so they have more time to help you develop an educational plan that works with pre-health program requirements, prepare for MCATs, and consider your future.
5. We get the job done. Typically, 80% of our seniors who apply to medical school are accepted. The national acceptance rate is slightly less than 50%. Through a partnership with George Washington University, selected Knox students are guaranteed early admission to the university's School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Our alumni go on to be neurosurgeons, public health administrators, research leaders-people who change lives and contribute to the common good.
Back to Hello.knox.edu