We are highly prized employees. The traits that companies most look for in employees -- the ability to apply knowledge in real-world situations, creativity and innovation, critical thinking and analytical reasoning -- are at the core of what you'll develop at Knox. Knox is a member of the "International Fifty," a group of colleges and universities whose graduates pursue international careers in unusually large numbers.
Among our graduates:
- Barry Bearak '71, a New York Times correspondent, received a Pulitzer Prize in International Reporting in 2002 for his deeply affecting and illuminating coverage of daily life in war-torn Afghanistan.
- Dushan "Duke" Petrovich '74 is the President of the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company -- confectioner of gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, lollipops, and chocolate -- with operations in more than 40 countries.
- Mike Ryan '86, lead producer for DisneyChannel.com, won an Emmy Award for Interactive Television for his work as lead producer of the Disney Channel Games website and interactive experience for Disney Channel.
- Christin Datz '06 works at Boeing, the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft, coordinating changes to aircraft between various engineering organizations, including propulsion, airframe, interiors, and systems.
- Geoff Ziegler '03 is a systems administrator in the IT department at ESPN. Over the past five years, he has been a part of television production crews at sporting events in Europe, Australia, and throughout the United States.
|1. Caterpillar, Inc.
2. Abbott Laboratories
5. State Farm
6. The United States Army
7. Sears Roebuck & Co.
8. Galesburg School District 205
|9. Wells Fargo
10. Motorola Corporation
12. Hewitt Associates
13. Bank One
14. The State of Illinois
15. Bank of America
16. Northern Trust
|17. Allstate Insurance
19. Burlington Northern
Apply to Knoxundefined
Knox's Team X-Ray places second among 15 liberal arts colleges that competed in an intense regional contest involving programming teams from colleges and universities in five states.
Finals and term projects can be more than tests and papers, as Knox College faculty make engaging assignments and exams -- including design your own superhero -- to evaluate student academic achievements.
A Knox College graduate and vice president of development at the Greater Peoria Business Alliance, Jim Lynch is among the young leaders recognized by InterBusiness Issues magazine.
Having some background knowledge in graphic design really helped me quickly adapt to the atmosphere of an advertising agency. I am Sophie, Senior, and...
Meet More Knox People