Creating Opportunities and Access in Science and Technology
First-Year Experience Eligibility
The COAST First-year Experience is open to anyone who:
- Is a full-time, first-year, degree-seeking Knox College student
- Is a U.S. citizen, national, permanent resident, or refugee
- Demonstrates financial need of $5,000 or more
- Holds a high school grade-point average of 3.3 or higher, and has completed three high school-level mathematics courses and three high school-level science courses
- Has indicated a preference for pursuing coursework and/or a major in a science or science-related area
Scholarship Program Eligibility
The COAST Scholarship Program is open to COAST Candidates who:
- Have declared or plan to declare a major in biology, biochemistry, or chemistry
- Are on track to successfully complete two courses required for their major by the end of the year
- Meet additional program qualifications
COAST Candidates may apply for the COAST Scholarship Program near the end of their first year.
Six COAST Scholars will be named in each sophomore class.