Requirements for the Major
Requirements for the major
13 credits, as follows:
- IIS 100 Introduction to Globalization
- Social Science Core courses: ANSO 102, ECON 110, PS 210, PS 220, and either HIST 245 or HIST 285
- Three courses at the 200 level or above in a foreign language
- Three elective courses focusing on a defined geopolitical region, including at least one course at the 300 level. Areas that may be studied include: Africa, Latin America, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. These courses should be selected with the guidance of an IIS advisor.
- A substantial foreign experience selected in consultation with an IIS advisor. This experience should relate to the overall logic of the courses selected to meet other major requirements and could include participation in an established overseas study program, an international internship, or an independent research project carried out abroad. The IIS Program Committee will publish guidelines for meeting this requirement and has final authority to determine whether a proposed foreign experience fulfills those guidelines.
- Senior research project: IIS 390 or IIS 400. This project must include substantial social science and foreign language components, in accordance with guidelines established by the IIS Program Committee.
Integrated International Studies Course Descriptions
Integrated International Studies Catalog Page