Green Oaks Facilities
Green Oaks Biological Field Station, which lies near the Spoon River in eastern Knox County, may be a remote, serene location, but it is equipped with plenty of facilities to accommodate visitors who are there for both research and recreation.
The newly refurbished Schurr Hall is a classroom, laboratory and residential building for students at Green Oaks. Schurr Hall comfortably accommodates 12 Knox students with its six bedrooms, library, bathrooms, lounge area and porch from which to watch the sunset. The building also features a classroom, computer room, kitchen, and laundry room, and is equipped with central heating, a telephone, mail delivery and Internet service.
Other accessible facilities at Green Oaks include:
- Camping site, which includes a boat dock
- Well-marked hiking trails
- Storage barn for student projects
- Caretaker?s home
- Environmentally friendly composting toilet at campsite
- The Green Oaks Term Director's Cabin (located next to Schurr Hall)