Study Abroad & Off-Campus Programs
View Study Abroad and Off-Campus Programs in a larger map
With Knox study abroad, the world is your classroom! We offer nearly 40 different off-campus programs both inside and outside the United States, as well as the option to choose a non-Knox program, so you're sure to find your perfect study abroad fit.
- All need and merit-based financial aid from Knox follows you wherever you go, whether you're studying business in Chicago or ecology in Tanzania.
- Most students study abroad their junior year, but we're flexible -- you can go whenever it fits into your educational plan.
- The program you choose must be relevant to either your field of study or other academic interests, so you're always working toward your educational goals even when you're halfway around the world!
- There is no cap on how many Knox students can go abroad -- even if the entire junior class decided to go to London for a term!
- All of our programs fulfill the experiential learning graduation requirement.
- Does another continent seem too far away? No problem! In addition to our 25 study abroad programs, Knox offers seven off-campus programs in the U.S.
- Pressed for time? Check out Knox's six short-term programs!
- If the Knox study abroad programs aren't exactly what you had in mind, you are free to seek out an alternate program that's right for you. Our friendly and helpful staff at the Center for Global Studies is happy to aid you in your quest for the perfect program.
- We've carefully chosen all of our programs to fit in with the liberal arts experience: while abroad, you will continue to have small class sizes and plenty of one-on-one attention from your instructors just like you do at Knox!
Costs and Expenses
Costs differ by program, but in most cases students are charged Knox tuition plus travel expenses. You can view the fees for the Buenos Aires, Barcelona, and Besancon programs to get an idea of costs. Check the Web sites of the programs you’re interested in, and as always contact the Center for Global Studies at 309-341-7323. Remember: any financial aid you are receiving from Knox carries over to your study abroad program!
Semesters and Credits
Even though Knox’s trimester system differs from the semesters used by many schools, we make sure the credits transfer in a way that is fair and makes sense. Be sure to attend the information session on Fall Institute day for more details.
Find out how to apply for our study abroad programs!
|Study Abroad Photo Gallery
From Botswana to Costa Rica, view student study abroad photos in our Flickr gallery! Have photos to share?! Please contact the Center for Global Studies. (Photo left -- Botswana: University Immersion in Southern Africa, an ACM program)
Apply to Knoxundefined
Leading up to a worldwide event -- Gun Control Theatre Action Week, May 27 through June 2 -- a play by Knox College theatre professor Neil Blackadder was selected for a new collection, "24 Gun Control Plays."
Rana Tahir, a double major in creative writing and political science, wrote dozens of poems and created 29 paintings after interviewing Kuwaiti residents about the 1990 Iraqi occupation.
Knox College awarded more than $3,000 in prizes in the 2013 Al Young Art Show. Organizing 200 art works in an array of media is a challenge, according student Katie O'Connor, who helped arrange the entries.
All of the things that I have been able to do here have given me confidence and endurance. I am Jamal, Junior, and...
Meet More Knox People